- Why were we created? What are we here for? This question was answered in a public school text found in every schoolroom in America in 1776. That text posed this question:
- What is the Chief End of Man?
- Or as we might say today, "What is the chief goal or purpose of Man?"
- It is likely that every single person who signed the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution could have recited the answer to that question:
- "Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy Him for ever."
- The Declaration of Independence says that every human being is endowed by his Creator with unalienable rights. What do you say when Someone gives you a gift? To be truly human is to recognize your Creator in an appropriate way.
You are not truly human if you believe you are God.
- Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
- Gratitude is the key to Enjoying God forever. What brings us enjoyment is God's blessings. What brings God's blessings is the obedient discharge of our calling.
Human beings were created to "Exercise Dominion over the earth." Not worship the earth.
- Christ commands us to Be a "good and faithful servant"; to "do business" while He reigns in Heaven.
- not wasting talents with which you were "endowed by your Creator"
Each of us are members of a body, and our individual skills work together in a "division of labor" orchestrated by an "Invisible Hand."
- We are to live lives which are Pleasing to God, so that the Lord will say to us, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."